Most of the people today do not frame their photos in the perfect way when they shoot it. In this tech-savvy world of today, the convenience of clicking photos on mobile phones is so much easier than lugging around a huge camera. Smartphones have incredible cameras, especially the new iPhone X, which gives you the convenience of carrying it anywhere with you, easily snapping high-res pics, and sharing them on social media whenever you want.
But, in most of the cases, the photos you take may not be framed or shot in the right way. Either the background space is too much, the main subject is out of focus, or there might be some obstruction in the picture, such as someone else stepping inside the frame. Most of the time, people solve such issues with the help of the crop tool, which trims down the size and frame of the image itself.
However, the game of cropping a photo is completely different when it comes to the iPhone. In Android phones, the crop option is readily available below the picture. But, in the case of the iPhone, it differs with each version of iOS. So, let’s find out how to crop a photo on iPhone.
How to Crop a Photo on iPhone with the Photos App
If you have ever taken a superb photo only to realize that there is an unsightly item in the background, you have understood that you need to crop the image. Let’s find out how to crop a photo on iPhone, step-by-step.
- On your iPhone, tap on the Photos app and launch it.
- Find the photo you want to crop and tap on the photo to open it.
- Tap on the Edit option, which is available on the top right of the screen.
- From the menu at the bottom of the screen, select the Crop option.
- Tap the corners of the image and drag them (with your fingertip across the screen) until you are done with cropping the photo, according to your preference.
- After you are satisfied with the photo, tap Done from the bottom menu.
How to Crop a Photo on iPhone with iOS 13
- Launch the Photos app.
- Find the photo that you want to crop.
- Tap on the photo to open it.
- Tap the Edit option, which is available in the upper right corner.
- Tap on the Crop option from the bottom menu.
- Drag the corners of the image until you are completely satisfied with the photo.
- To save your changes, tap Done.
We hope this helps answer your questions on how to crop a photo on iPhone. The next step? Take some amazing photos and start editing!