The kitchen is often the place in your home where you spend the most time with your family. It’s where you prepare meals, talk over coffee, and possibly even eat breakfast or dinner together.
So, it is of utter importance to keep your kitchen organized and clean all the time. One of the most important elements of your kitchen, other than the fridge, is the kitchen cabinet. It helps in keeping your kitchen organized and also allows you to utilize the kitchen in its full form.
However, due to heavy usage and mostly due to the oil and grime that your stove’s heat generates while cooking, kitchen cabinets have a tendency to be sticky or look stained over time. Years of cooking may result in discoloration of the cabinet material, which does not look good.
You may be wondering how to make kitchen cabinets shine? Fortunately, there are easy ways to clean and refurbish old cabinets so they look almost new. You can also prevent your kitchen cabinets from getting damaged, so let’s have a look at some of the steps that you can follow to keep them shiny and clean all the time.
How to Make Kitchen Cabinets Shine: Step-by-Step
- Start by laying plastic sheets under your kitchen cabinets. This is to ensure that your kitchen does not get dirty while cleaning the cabinets.
- Keep in mind that there are differences in cleaning wood vs. laminate cabinets.
- Mix together an equal portion of hot water and white vinegar in a plastic bucket. You can also add a few drops of olive oil to the water mixture for faster cleaning. The vinegar and water mixture will help in disinfecting your cabinets along with removing the grease.
- For safety reasons, wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from hot water.
- Dip a sponge or rag into the water mixture and scrub the outer surface of the cabinets gently. You can see dirt and grease coming out easily.
- In case of any super greasy spot, make a thick paste using baking soda and water. Apply the mixture on the greasy spot and rub gently.
- After you are done with cleaning, wipe out the cabinets with clean water and a cloth.
- Dry the cabinets with a clean, soft cloth.
- For adding the extra shine to your kitchen cabinets, apply a wood polish, which is free from wax and silicone. It helps in bringing out the original beauty and look of the kitchen cabinets after a thorough cleaning. After polishing, wipe the cabinets with a clean cloth.
- Repeat the process after every two weeks to maintain the look and life of the cabinets.
So, if you are thinking about how to make kitchen cabinets shine, follow these easy steps for the best results.